Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Anniversaries




On Sunday, August 4th, we will celebrate our daughter and son-in-law's first wedding anniversary. Lisa and I were talking about how busy things were last year at this time as we were getting ready for the big event! There were meals and transportation and hotels to coordinate for family and friends, tuxes and dresses to pick up and try on, details with the wedding ceremony, vendors to contact and a house to clean and so much more. It was a great event, and we cherish the memories of that day. We give thanks for the love Bethany and Brad have found in each other, and how God has blessed them as a couple, now joined as one.







We will be celebrating another anniversary on Sunday - Lisa and I were married 29 years ago on 08/04/84. I figured that would be a date I wouldn't easily forget! While the memories are not as fresh in my mind as Bethany and Brad's wedding, I remember that day fondly. I look back at those pictures and realize more and more how young we were, and quickly the years have passed.



Anniversaries are great opportunities to remember and rejoice. But anniversaries mark just one day on a lifelong journey. The time and energy and cost (ah yes, the cost) that go into such an event are daunting, to say the least. But it is just one day. I believe the joy we find in anniversaries are much greater when the results of the event have brought us happiness and wholeness over the years since the event.

I give thanks for the 29 years my wife and I have had as husband and wife, and hope and pray my children will find happiness and wholeness in their lives too. I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries on the day we share with our kids. And I am confident Bethany and Brad won't forget our anniversary date either!

It is not so much the events in life, but the journey that make life meaningful and complete. That is what I shared with Bethany and Brad on their wedding day. Enjoy the journey, and may God continue to bless us along the way!

Peace,

Pastor Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment