Monday, December 1, 2014

Tis the Season

I have a confession to make. I really love to listen to Christmas music once Thanksgiving is over. I know, I know... Christmas music is for Christmas. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and forget about Advent. Every Advent it comes up - we shouldn't rush into Christmas and miss out on the anticipation, waiting and hope of Advent. On the other hand, there are many who ask why wait till Christmas to sing those great Christmas songs? And by the time we GET to Christmas, do we really want to hear MORE Christmas songs?

Advent is a time of preparation, being ready and making room for Christ in our lives. As a pastor, the time of Advent is a time of preparation for all the Christmas celebrations at church. So what better way to prepare for Christ and for the Christmas celebration than with Christmas music! Can you see I am trying to justify my music selections?

That being said, I thought I would share some of my favorites that I have come across in the past few days. I hope you enjoy these offerings. I invite you to share some of your favorites with me. My hope and prayer is that the music not rush us into Christmas, but rather be an avenue to focus our hearts and minds on the greatest gift ever given, Christ the Lord.

"Mary Did You Know?" by Pentatonix


"Angels We Have Heard On High" by The Piano Guys



This video I created last year. The nativity scenes were displayed last year for Advent at Epiphany. I took pictures of them and added these songs:
"Some Children See Him" by James Taylor
"Welcome To Our World" by Amy Grant
"Away In A Manger" by the Piano Guys


One more - "Silent Night" by Pentatonix







Let EVERY heart prepare Him room!

Peace,

Pastor Charlie








1 comment: